Willaston Surgery

Willaston Surgery

Neston Road, Willaston, CH64 2TN


Telephone: 0151 327 4593

Fax: 0151 327 8618


Complaints & Comments

Willaston Surgery is responsible for providing high quality community services to the local population. The staff who look after your health will do whatever they can to make sure you are treated properly and promptly.

We would like to hear from you if you think we have done something well or if you have any suggestions on how we could do something differently. We also want to know if you are unhappy
with a service that we have provided.

Further details can be found via the following link:


We welcome your opinions on the service we provide. 

Every comment or complaint is seen as an opportunity to review the service, so that we can make sure we are offering a service that meets your needs. We want to know about the things that are not working as well as they should so that we can make improvements. We also want to know what you think of our services. Please also let us know if you are happy with the care that you receive.

Getting help

If you are not happy with any aspects of your care, please contact the Practice Manager Anna Commander or Office Manager Emma Lee – Moore in the first instance.
Many problems can be resolved by talking things through with the member of staff concerned. Misunderstandings can easily happen and can often be sorted straight away.

If you have tried speaking to the member of staff or the manager of the service and you are still not happy or you do not want to discuss your feelings with the staff then please contact the Patient Services Department. The details are as follows:

Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Bevan House
17 Beecham Court
Smithy Brook Road
Wigan, WN3 6PR
Tel: 01942 482778 or 01942 482673
Fax: 01942 482671
Email: patient.services@bridgewater.nhs.uk

The Patient Services Department will speak with staff on your behalf and will try to resolve any concerns you have. You will not be treated differently because you have raised your concerns. We take all issues seriously and use the information to review and improve our services. If your concern is not resolved, you can make a formal complaint.

How do I complain?

If you wish to make a formal complaint the Patient Services Department will ensure that your concerns are investigated and that you receive a full response from the Chief Executive.

You are able to make a formal complaint if you are:-
• An existing or former patient or
• You have the written consent of the patient; or
• someone such as a close relative or friend of a patient who cannot complain or consent – for example, if the patient has died, is very young or is very ill.

You should try to make your complaint within 12 months from the date on which the matter occurred, or the matter came to your notice.

It may be possible in some cases to waive these time limits if there are reasons to explain why you could not complain sooner and it is still possible to investigate your complaint. Staff will always aim to acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. You will also be involved in decisions about how your complaint is handled. You will receive a full response within a timescale agreed with you. If it is not possible to meet the agreed timescale, you will be kept informed of the progress of the complaint.

It may be possible to arrange a conciliation / mediation meeting to discuss your complaint. This can happen before and / or after an investigation has been undertaken. Sometimes a meeting is useful in resolving a complaint. Please contact the Patient Services Department to discuss your options.

How can I get help with making my complaint?

If you need help to make your complaint you can also contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS). The contact details for ICAS are as follows:

Tel: (0300 456 8350)

They will provide you with free support and advice.

What if I am still unhappy?

If you are unhappy with the response to your formal complaint you can consider taking your complaint to an Independent Review. You can do this after all attempts for a local resolution have been exhausted. You should do this within 12 months of the date of the letter telling you about the
outcome of your complaint. You have the right to ask the Ombudsman to review your case. The Ombudsman promotes improvements in healthcare by assessing the performance of NHS organisations.

The Ombudsman’s contact details are:
The Ombudsman
The Health Service Ombudsman for England
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
Tel: (0845 015 4033)

Update your details

Order your prescriptions

Patient Participation Group

Annual Practice Survey

Download Practice Leaflet

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Online Appointment Booking

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Friends & Family Test

  • We would like you to think about your recent experiences of our service.

Opening Times

  • Monday
    8.00am - 6.30pm
  • Tuesday
    8.00am - 6.30pm
  • Wednesday
    8.00am - 6.30pm
  • Thursday
    8.00am - 6.30pm
  • Friday
    8.00am - 6.30pm
  • Saturday
    Open from 9.00am to 12.00pm. All other times “Out-of-Hours Service” applies
  • Sunday
    Open from 9.00am to 12.00pm. All other times “Out-of-Hours Service” applies